South Road is a key east-west transport corridor in Melbourne’s south with around 40,000 vehicles using South Road every day. In order to reduce congestion and improve travel times, several key intersections on South Road between Nepean Highway and Warringal Road are required to be upgraded.
Struber successfully facilitated bid engagement presentations with local councils, education institutions and traders and enhance and inform the Communication and Engagement Strategy across a 10-weekperiod.
Struber is a committed strategic partner who brings extensive prior knowledge of MRPV’s preferred contractor tendering process to the project. In this case, Struber’s experience in engagement and communication techniques and methods were demonstrated in delivery of a robust working strategy and management plans.
Through detailed research and analysis, ongoing engagement with Negri and MRPV to understand and develop an approach that would minimise risks, Struber acted as a strategic intermediary, fulfilling Major Roads Project Victoria's (MPRV) desire to work collaboratively with their preferred delivery partner and delivered a returnable plan that reflected their needs and the needs of stakeholders and community.
During the intensive, collaborative 10-week Target Out-term Costs (TOC) phase, Struber:
- Communication and engagement management plan, including multiple subplans:
- CALD Engagement
- Respite Relocation
- Third Party Property Damage
- Trader Impact
- Site Visit procedure
- Graffiti Management
- Utility Disruption
- Crisis Communications
- Key community and stakeholder issue analysis
- Identified community-based initiatives, programs, and activities informed by engagement process
- Finalised the delivery and operational phase budget to cost all proposed strategies and initiatives including resources.
- Undertook detailed trader analysis to understand impacts to over 300 traders
- Attended, facilitated and presented to three Councils to seek feedback project delivery methodology
- Presentations to MPRV, including final bid presentation.