The Brisbane Metro is the proposed high-frequency, high-capacity public transport system making better use of current busway infrastructure.
Struber were engaged by the Transform BNE collaborative partnership, comprising John Holland, McConnell Dowell and GHD, throughout the RFP and ECI phases to provide visual direction, graphic design and tender documentation design services.
Struber created a visual brand that took cues from the three individual company brand elements and better supported the key messages of “thinking big for BNE” and “a human experience in a cultural landscape”.
The brand brought harmony to the colour palette, introduced strong typographic arrangements to key moments, and reduced clutter to improve the reading experience for reviewers.
Struber’s design contributions included:
- Developed templates that allowed contributors to create on-brand assets (flowcharts etc) without specialist skills, allowing the design team to focus on complex artwork
- Created artwork for all folders, covers and dividers that emphasised the project opportunities
- Designed a fold-out executive summary book to best capture visuals and renders
- Delivered a display case designed bespoke for the submission, reducing cognitive friction for reviewers and manufacturing costs
- Developed engaging and visual interactive and final presentations
Struber delivered a visual brand that achieved the submission teams’ goals including:
- delivery of high-quality and accurate artwork that emphasised key themes
- efficiencies in assets that reduced friction for contributors in the creation of graphics
- reduced costs of manufacturing and printing to well below budget