Amid this global health crisis, make your work-from-home arrangement productive and fun!
In times of crisis, leadership is challenged. Businesses are adapting to survive and thus, remote work has been a wise option for many. Working remote or work-from-home setup has been practiced by Struber for 6 years now and to navigate this health crisis (COVID-19 pandemic) and to protect our team across Australia and in Asia, we have arranged a full work-from-home/remote work style.
Here are our top 15 tips and tricks to make your remote work productive and fun without falling off the tracks:
- Setup your office. Create a comfortable, clean and personalised office space. Do this in advance.
- Be healthy. Create a healthy lunch and prepare your meals the night before.
- Communicate expectations with anyone who will be home with you. You would want to avoid the loud noise in the background while you are in a meeting.
- Create an early morning routine. This is the best time for your meditation, yoga or home exercise. It’s always good to keep yourself active.
- Going to office mindset. Pretend like you really are going into the office – get dressed, wear shoes and apply makeup!
- Use your commute time to connect. Be connected! This is the best time to be more visible to your team and your Clients through video calls and phone calls. This is also a good time for a training – podcasts, tutorials and articles.
- Use the correct tools. As people work from home, it is essential to setup cloud based cyber security tools to access company applications for security purposes. We also have a list of tools to keep your remote team connected here.
- Follow your office hours. Be clear about your working hours – start, breaktime and end.
- Schedule yourself. Identify what needs to get done every day and make sure to do it.
- Avoid Cinderella activities. Remember, you are pretending to be at the office and away from home. Stay out of the life admin areas (kitchen, laundry).
- Make it harder for yourself to mess around on social media. Stick to your schedule.
- Match your music to the task at hand. Enjoy your work flexibility.
- Leave loudly! Overcommunicate. Show your face and be heard – turn on the camera and use remote tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Yammer. Check in with co-workers and clients regularly. Emojis, GIFs, and stickers are a fun way to keep the chatter fun and light. Stay online and connected!
- Celebrate Small Victories and Manage On-Going Tasks.
- End Your Day with a Routine. Summarise wins and map out tomorrows to do list!
If you are not yet setup to this kind of work arrangement and have a little idea on how to start, engage us!
We, at Struber can help you to:
- Maintain a positive and supportive virtual culture through team engagement
- Plan, on just one page, who to engage with, on what and how, both internally and externally
- Select and utilise consistent digital communication channels
- Deliver creative tools to share updates and support conscious connections.
We’re here to take care of you and can help with whatever you need. Just call.